Monday, February 14, 2011

My Father, My Lord

Please join me for the great event Thursday night!

Thursday, Feb. 17, 7:00 pm, Diamond 141

My Father, My Lord

A film by David Volach. Israel, 2007, 73 Minutes, Hebrew, English subtitles. Winner of Tribeca Film Festival 2007 Top Award, Winner of Taormina Film Festival 2007 Best Director.

The film depicts a man, devoted to a life of study and worship, who hopes to impart his faith to his young son. It is a journey to the innermost world of the believer as he comes face to face with the still silence of God. The screening will be followed by a discussion with Israeli cinematographer Yoav Kosh, Colby chaplains Jason Heron and Rachel Isaacs, and Religious Studies professors David Freidenreich and Julie Faith Parker.

Part of the series, "Israeli Society through the Cinematic Lens," co-sponsored by Jewish Studies, Cinema Studies, the Goldfarb Center, and the Cultural Events Committee. All are welcome!