Monday, May 23, 2011

Thinking Differently about Israel

After President Obama's speech about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, the Jewish world is abuzz with commentaries of various kinds. I do not believe that I can fairly and accurately address the nuances of the situation electronically. Generally, when discussing topics this sensitive and complex, I prefer to have face to face interactions.

The New York Times, however, has published two great photo spreads of Israeli society today. I believe that these photos represent the beauty, complexity, pain, and humor of life in Israel better than anything that could be expressed in the written word. I am so glad that they've published these two albums:

Israel with a Knowing Wink

From Exodus to Ethiopia

Enjoy and let me know what you think!