After our congregational meeting, we decided that our congregation needs to make a greater commitment to Tikkun Olam, repairing our world.
We have created a google document where you can sign up to volunteer and donate to those in need. The five opportunities that we have listed are:
1) Helping at the Waterville Evening Sandwich Program (ESP) on Thursdays.
2) Providing pastoral care at the Mid-Maine Homeless Shelter (any night)
3) Donating to the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund/ Mazel Day School in Brooklyn
4) Aiding in synagogue upkeep.
5) Becoming a Beth Israel Congregation Hebrew School Aid (Thursday afternoons)
You can find more detailed information about each of these opportunities, and sign up for a shift by clicking the link below: