1) Teaching Hebrew school with the Beth Israel Congregation (BIC) staff. Hebrew school is on Thursday afternoons, 3:30-5:30 pm at the Alfond Youth Center.
2) Curriculum development with the BIC staff that endeavors to make Hebrew school more engaging, substantive, and fun. Each student is expected to write 2 new lesson plans a semester.
3) Participating in advanced Jewish learning with Rabbi Isaacs for 3 1-hour workshops a semester (dates to be determined based on schedules of students,) on subjects of students' choosing.
4) The creation and execution of one Jewish program for the greater Waterville community, that brings new depth and creativity to the local Jewish life.
5) Outreach to new students.
Students do not need to be currently involved in Hillel for this program. If you are interested, please contact Rabbi Isaacs by June 1, 2013 in order to receive an application.